June 1, 2020 10:08 am
Iron is not only responsible in maintaining healthy red blood cell. They are also playing an important role in our immune system by increasing the number of antibodies in response to an infection when needed. Iron can be abundantly found in a wide range of gulay recipes. Go ahead and serve the meals below to get a good amount of iron today!
Camote Tops Salad and Hard-boiled Egg
No. of Servings: 4-5 servings
Size per serving: 1 cup (90 grams)
Meal Serving Idea: 1 cup Rice, 1 cup Camote Tops Salad, 1 piece Hard-boiled Egg, 1 piece Banana
5 bunches (270 grams) Camote Tops
1/4 cup (62.5 ml) Water
1/4 cup (62.5 ml) Vinegar
1/2 teaspoon (3 grams) Salt
2 teaspoons (4 grams) AJI-SHIO® Pepper Seasoning Mix
2 tablespoons (24 grams) Sugar, brown
1/4 cup (35 grams) Onion, cubed
1 cup (130 grams) Tomato, cubed
1. STEAM. Pour water in the steamer’s base and let it boil. Once the water is boiling, assemble the camote tops on the steamer and steam for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
2. MIX and BOIL. In a pan, mix water, vinegar, salt and AJI-SHIO® Pepper and sugar. Switch on your stove’s fire. Without stirring, let the mixture boil for 2 minutes. Let it cool and set aside.
3. ASSEMBLE. In bowl, toss steamed camote tops, onions and tomatoes and pour the vinegar mixture. Assemble camote tops salad in a plate with rice and hard-boiled egg.
Sinigang na Bangus
No. of Servings: 8-10 servings
Size per Serving: 1 bowl (170 grams)
Meal Serving Idea: 1 cup Rice, 1 bowl Sinigang na Bangus, 1 piece Banana
4 cups (1 Liter) Rice washing
1 piece (35 grams) Onion, quartered
3 pieces (160 grams) Tomato
2-3 pieces (700 grams) Bangus, sliced
1 pieces (10 grams) Green chili, long
1 cup (100 grams) Raddish, cut into 1/4 inch thick
1 cup (120 grams) Sitao, 1 inch long
1 pack (11 grams) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
3 tablespoons (45 mL) Fish sauce
15 pieces (115 ml) Calamansi juice
3 bunches (200 grams) Camote tops
1.BOIL. In a pot, combine the rice washing, onion and tomato. Let boil. Crush the tomatoes once it is soft. Add fish and green chili. Let it boil until fish is cooked.
2. SEASON with AJI-NO-MOTO®, fish sauce and calamansi juice.
3. BOIL. Add raddish and sitao. Let it boil for 2 minutes. Add camote tops and let it boil for 1 minute. Serve while hot.
Stir-fry Pechay with Tofu
No. of Servings: 5 servings
Size per Serving: 1 cup (90 grams)
Meal Serving Idea: 1 cup Rice, 1 cup Stir-fry Pechay with Tofu, 1 slice Melon
1/2 cup (125 ml) Cooking oil
5 pieces (250 grams) Tokwa (Hard Tofu), cubed
1/4 cup (35 grams) Onion, sliced
1 tablespoon (12 grams) Garlic, minced
5 bunches (400 grams) Pechay Tagalog, sliced
2 tablespoons (30 ml) Water
1 tablespoon (15 ml) Soy sauce
To taste Black pepper, ground
1 pack (7 grams) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
1. FRY. In pan, heat oil and fry the tokwa until golden brown. Set aside.
2. SAUTÉ. In the same pan, remove excess oil and sauté onion, garlic and pechay. Add water.
3. SEASON with soy sauce, ground black pepper and AJI-GINISA®.
4. SERVE with fried tofu.