Chicken Pesto SandwichAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/2 cup (20g) Basil leaves, fresh
- 3 cloves (10g) Garlic, peeled
- 1/8 cup (20g) Native peanut, roasted, unsalted
- 1/8 cup (12.5g) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 9 Tbsps. (87.5ml) Olive oil
- 1/2 pack (5.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 3 cups (450g) Chicken breast, boiled, shredded
- 30 slices (750g) Tasty bread, toasted
- 3/4 cup (150g) Mayonnaise
- 12 cups (300g) Iceberg lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) Tomato, sliced into rounds
- GRIND. In a food processor or mortar and pestle, add basil leaves, garlic, native peanut, parmesan cheese, olive oil, and AJI-NO-MOTO®. Grind everything together until paste-like consistency is achieved. Set aside.
- MIX. In a bowl, combine pesto sauce and chicken. Mix well and set aside.
- ASSEMBLE. Spread 1 tsp. mayonnaise on each slice of bread. Add 2 1/2 Tbsps. (40g) chicken-pesto mixture and top with lettuce and tomato. Place the other slice of bread on top.
- SERVE. Slice sandwich diagonally. Transfer to a plate. Serve and enjoy.
Boil chicken in a large pot with enough water to cover over medium high-heat, let it simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the pot, let it rest before shredding.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Olive oil is a good source of Vitamin E which plays an important role in our nervous system and immunity.