Ginataang PapayaAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 1 cup (150g) Onion, sliced
- 3 Tbsps. (30g) Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Ginger, strips
- 1/4 kg. (250g) Pork liempo, strips
- 7 cups (1000g) Papaya, unripe, thinly sliced
- 3 cups (750ml) Coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp. (1.25g) Ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsps. (60ml) Fish sauce
- 1/2 pack (5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 pcs. (5g) Siling labuyo
- 1 cup (30g) Malunggay leaves
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil and sauté onion, garlic, ginger, pork and papaya.
- SIMMER. Add coconut milk and simmer until papaya is tender and desired consistency is achieved.
- SEASON. Add ground black pepper, fish sauce and AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning.
- SIMMER. Add siling labuyo and malunggay leaves. Simmer for 1 minute.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve while hot.
Shirmps may also be used to replace pork liempo in this dish.
Cooking Time: 45 minutes Preparation: 15 minutes Servings: 11 Serving size: 1/2 cup (138g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Reduced sodium by 33% Original seasoning/condiment: 1 tsp. (5g) Salt, approx 1/3 cup (75ml) Fish sauce. Unripe papayas are rich in vitamins A, B, C, and E and are all helpful in maintaining a healthy immune system.