Stir-fried Asparagus with BeefSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Vegetable oil
- 1 cup (240g) Beef (lean meat), sliced
- 1 cup (100g) Onion, sliced
- 3 Tbsps. (30g) Garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup (30g) Celery, chopped
- 3/4 cup (100g) Carrots, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup (70g) Red bell pepper, julienne
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) Fresh shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup (250ml) Water
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Soy sauce
- 1 pack (30ml) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) White sugar
- 3/4 tsp. (3.75g) Salt, coarse
- 1/4 tsp. (0.6g) Ground black pepper
- 3 cups (400g) Asparagus, trimmed and cut 1-inch long
- 2 1/2 Tbsps. (20g) Cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Water
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Sesame oil
- 1 cup (250ml) Cooking oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) Kamote, cut into shoestrings
- 2 Tbsps. (17g) Sesame seeds, toasted
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat 1 Tbsp. oil. Sauté beef until brown. Set aside. In the same pan, heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil. Sauté onion, garlic, and celery for 30 seconds. Add carrots, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Cook for 1 minute.
- SEASON. Add water, soy sauce, SARSAYA ® Oyster Sauce, sugar, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- SIMMER. Add asparagus then cover the pan. Cook for 2 minutes. Add cornstarch slurry and mix well until sauce is thick. Turn off the heat then add sesame oil. Mix well then set aside.
- FRY. In a pot, heat oil. Fry kamote until crispy. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander. Set aside.
- SERVE. Arrange asparagus and beef on a platter. Top with fried kamote and sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy.
Make sure to trim off the ends of the asparagus because these are extra fibrous and difficult to chew. Peeling the asparagus helps to reduce the stringiness of the stems.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Meal Serving Idea: 1 cup Stir-fried Asparagus with Beef, 1 1/2 cups boiled rice, 1 pc. banana Asparagus is a rich source of Vitamin K that is essential in blood clotting.