Arroz Ala Cubana RecipeAJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 1 tsp. (5ml) Cooking oil
- 1/4 kilo (250g) Ground lean pork
- 1/4 cup (25g) Onion, minced
- 2 Tbsps. (15g) Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (45g) Tomato, diced
- 1 cup (200g) Sweet Potato, diced
- 3/4 cup (75g) Carrots, diced
- 2/3 cup (150g) Green Peas
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (250ml) Tomato sauce
- 1 pack (7 grams) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 6 pcs. (240g) Banana saba, cut into three lengthwise, fried
- 6 pcs. (360g) Egg, fried, sunny-side up
- 6 cups (960g) Boiled rice
- SEAR. In a pan, sear ground pork until fat is rendered and has slightly brown.
- SAUTÉ. Sauté onion, garlic, tomato, sweet potato, carrots, and green peas. Add soy sauce and tomato sauce. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until done.
- SEASON. Add AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix. Mix well then set aside once cooked.
- ASSEMBLE. Scoop one cup of rice for each plate. Spoon 1/4 cup of the meat mixture and place on one side of the plate. Place 3 slices of fried banana on one side. Top the rice with fried egg. Serve while hot.
Egg in this dish can be cooked separately as sunny side-up or scrambled. Cooks may use potato instead of sweet potato if desired. Also, corn kernels and raisins may be added to the dish as desired.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
This highly vibrant all – in – one dish has almost reached the 1/3 of an adult’s daily requirement intake for one day. It is relatively high in calcium and iron and low in fat.