Ginisang Upo RecipeAJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) cooking oil
- 2 1/2 cups (375g) upo, sliced
- 1 tablespoon (15g) garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (35g) onion, minced
- 1/2 cup (70g) tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup (100g) ground pork
- 1 pack (7g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon (1g) black pepper, ground
- 3 Tablespoons (45ml) water
- SAUTÉ. On a hot pan, heat oil and sautè tomato, onion and garlic. Then, add ground pork. Next add in upo and water. Cover and let it simmer until vegetable is almost done.
- SEASON. With AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix and pepper. Mix well.
- SERVE. Transfer on a serving plate, serve and enjoy.
Fresh bottle gourd has a smooth skin, pale green in colour. Buy a piece that is free from any cuts, spots, blemishes and infestations. It should be firm to handle and the flesh should not feel soft when pressed.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Bitter gourd is a vegetable high on water and is a rich source of Vitamin C, K and Calcium. It helps in maintaining a healthy heart and brings down bad cholesterol levels.