Pyaren na Manok (Mindanao)AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Garlic, chopped
- 1 stalk (25g) Lemongrass (stalk and leaves), halved and bruised
- 1/2 kilo (500g) Chicken, cut into serving sizes
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) Coconut milk, 2nd extract
- 1 tsp. (5g) Turmeric powder
- 2 tsps. (10ml) Fish sauce
- 1/4 tsp. (1.25g) Pepper, ground, black
- 1/2 pack (5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- SAUTÉ. In a pan with hot oil, sauté garlic and lemongrass. Add chicken and cook for 1 minute.
- BOIL. Pour coconut milk and let it boil. Stir once in awhile to prevent burning the coconut milk.
- SEASON. Add turmeric powder, fish sauce, pepper, and AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning.
- SIMMER. Over medium fire, simmer until sauce is reduced up to the desired consistency. Stir once in a while.
- SERVE. Transfer to a bowl and serve while hot.
To add texture and flavor, you may sear the chicken first before sautéing together with onion and garlic.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Reduced sodium by 49% Original seasoning/condiment: 1 1/2 tsps. (7.5g) Salt. Coconut milk contains good Fats, but consumption must be moderated.