Ginisang Ampalaya with Egg & TomatoAJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking Oil
- 1/4 cup (60g) Red Onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Garlic, minced
- 1 cup (240g) Tomato, diced
- 2 cups (500g) Ampalaya, sliced
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Water
- 2 pcs. (120g) Egg, beaten
- 1 pack (7g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil. Sauté onion, garlic and tomato. Add ampalaya. Continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- SIMMER. Add water and simmer for 3 minutes. Add beaten eggs and mix until eggs are cooked.
- SEASON. Add AJI-GINISA®. Stir until incorporated and cook for another minute.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve and enjoy.
Soak ampalaya in water and salt mixture at least 30 minutes prior to cooking. Drain and wash ampalaya and squeeze extra moisture to lessen the bitter taste profile of ampalaya.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Ampalaya is a vegetable rich in fiber and micronutrients such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Zinc, and Potassium.