Sweet & Spicy Tilapia Rice BowlAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Red bell pepper, minced
- 1/4 tsp. (1g) Red chili flakes
- 1/2 Tbsp. (6g) White onion, minced
- 1 tsp. (2g) Garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp. (0.5g) Salt
- 2 tsps. (10g) White sugar
- pinch (0.06g) Annatto powder
- 1 tsp. (3g) Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. (12ml) Vinegar
- 10 tsps. (50ml) Water
- 2 slices (100g) Tilapia, fillet
- 1/8 tsp. (0.75g) Salt, iodized
- 1/4 tsp. (1g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. (8g) Cornstarch
- 5 tsps. (25ml) Cooking oil
- 1 cup (160g) Steamed rice
- 1 slice (7g) Lemon, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. (1g) Coriander leaves, chopped (optional)
- SIMMER. To prepare the sweet chili sauce, combine red bell pepper, red chili flakes, white onion, garlic, salt, sugar, annatto powder, cornstarch, vinegar, and water in a saucepan. Mix then bring to a simmer until thickened. Set aside.
- SEASON. To prepare fried tilapia, season the tilapia with salt and AJI-NO-MOTO®. Let it sit for atleast 5 minutes.
- COAT & PAN-FRY. Dredge each tilapia fillet with cornstarch. In a pan with heated oil, pan-fry the tilapia until light brown on each side. Drain excess oil using a strainer or colander.
- SERVE. Place a cup of steamed rice in a bowl then top with fried tilapia and sweet chili sauce. You may opt to garnish with lemon and coriander leaves.
If you don't have chili flakes, you may substitute it with fresh red chili and adjust the spiciness based on your preference.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Tilapia is a great source of Calcium, which is needed by our heart, muscle, and nerves to function properly.