Chicken Breast PocheroAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 1/2 cup (80g) Red onion, sliced
- 1/4 kilo (250g) Chicken, bone in
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (50g) Tomato, sliced
- 2 1/2 cups (625g) Water
- 3 Tbsps. (50g) Tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups (200g) Yellow sweet potato, cubed
- 1 cup (150g) Baguio beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup (70g) Chick peas, cannned, drained and peeled
- 2 cups (100g) Banana (saba), biased cut
- 3 cups (200g) Pechay Tagalog leaves, well cleaned
- 2 cups (200g) Cabbage, wedged
- 1 pack (11g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. (0.6g) Ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsps. (60g) Fish sauce
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) White sugar
- SAUTE AND SEAR. In a pan, heat oil then saute onion. Add chicken and sear for few minutes. Add garlic and tomatoes. Saute until tomatoes are soft.
- BOIL AND SIMMER. Add water and tomato paste. Let it boil. Lower flame to simmer. Add sweet potato and simmer covered until it is cooked. Add baguio beans and chick peas. Cover and continue simmering for about 2 minutes. Stir in banana and cook until tender. Add Pechay Tagalog and cabbage. Simmer for 1 minute.
- SEASON. Add AJI-NO-MOTO®, ground black pepper, fish sauce and sugar. Mix well. Serve while hot with 1 cup rice.
You can fry the saba banana for a crispier texture.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes Preparation: 10 minutes Servings: 3 Serving size: -2 1/2 cups Chicken Breast Pochero (500g) -1 cup rice (160g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Ascorbic Acid (mg)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Try this less fat version of Chicken Pochero that is also a good source of lean Protein for muscle growth and development.