Tofu Mushroom Rice BowlSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Cooking oil
- 1/4 kilo (250g) Tofu, cubed
- 2 pcs. (125g) Red Onion, sliced
- 1 cup (250g) Canned Shitake Mushroom, strips
- 1 pack (30g) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. (0.6g) Black pepper
- 2 tsps. (10g) Margarine, unsalted
- 1/4 kilo (250g) Carrots, strips
- 1/4 kilo (250g) Baguio beans, trimmed and bias-cut
- 1/4 kilo (250g) Mung bean sprouts
- 1 pc. (50g) Red bell pepper, strips
- 1/2 cup (50g) Spring onion, chopped
- 5 pcs. (300g) Fried egg, sunny-side up
- 1 tsp. (3g) White sesame seeds
- 7 1/2 cups (1200g) Well-milled White Rice, boiled
- PAN FRY. In a hot pan, pour cooking oil to fry the tofu. Cook until golden brown. Drain excess oil by placing the tofu on a paper towel. Set aside.
- SAUTE. From the same pan, lessen the used oil to leave just 3 teaspoons of oil for sauteeing then saute onion, mushroom and tofu.
- SEASON. Add SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce and black ground pepper and set aside.
- SAUTE. In the same pan, add margarine and saute carrots, baguio beans, mung bean sprouts, red bellpepper and scallions. Set Aside
- ASSEMBLE AND SERVE. In a bowl, scoop 1 1/2 cups of rice and top it with the sauteed tofu, mushroom and vegetables. Add fried egg and sprinkle sesame seeds.
You may air-fry the tofu at 180C for 10 minutes or until golden brown. You may have boiled instead of fried egg.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Tofu is an excellent source of plant-based protein providing all 9 essential amino acids.