Banana Heart Tofu Burger RecipeAJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 2 1/2 cups (521g) Banana heart, minced
- 1 1/2 cups (162g) Red onion, minced
- 2 Tbsps. (21g) Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups (145g) Carrots, minced
- 3 cups (600g) Tofu, firm, minced
- 1 Tbsps. (15g) Soy sauce
- 2 pcs. (132g) Egg, beaten
- 4 Tbsps. (60g) All-purpose flour
- 1 pack (8g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 4 Tbsps. (60g) Cooking oil
- 1/4 cup (60g) Mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup (180g) Catsup
- 20 pcs. (800g) Burger buns
- 20 pcs. (416g) Cheese, square
- 1/4 kilo (250g) Iceberg lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 1/2 cups (150 g) Cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 kilo (250g) Tomato, sliced
- MIX AND SHAPE. In a bowl, combine banana heart, onions, garlic, carrots, tofu, soy sauce, eggs, flour, and AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix. Spoon 2 Tbsps. of the mixture, form into a ball, and slightly flatten up to ¼ to ½ inch thick or flatten to your desired thickness.
- SEAR. In a pan, heat 1 Tbsp. of oil at a time. Sear patties for 1-2 minutes or until both sides are golden brown. Drain excess oil using a strainer or colander. Set aside.
- MIX. In a bowl, combine catsup and mayonnaise. Mix well then set aside.
- ASSEMBLE AND SERVE. On a bun, spread 1/2 Tbsp. catsup-mayonnaise mixture. Assemble patty, cheese, lettuce, cucumber, and tomato. Finish with another 1/2 Tbsp. of catsup-mayonnaise mixture then put on the other half of the burger bun. Serve.
To prepare the banana heart, peel the red leaves off the heart then discard the stems out from the inside of the buds. Continue to peel the leaves until only the white leaves are left. Mince the banana heart then soak it in salted water (4 cups water with 3 tablespoons of salt) for 30 minutes. Place the minced banana heart in a cheesecloth, and squeeze to drain excess water and bitter sap.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
This is a low fat choice for burger lovers, since it is a meat – free patty and it does not have to be fried in a large amount of oil. Little oil would be enough to sear the patties. Also, banana heart is a rich – source of dietary fiber.