Tokwa’t BalutSARSAYA® Liquid Seasoning
- 6 pcs. (286.2 g) Balut, cooked, peeled
- 1 cup (250 g) Tokwa, sliced
- 2 cups (500 ml) Cooking Oil, for frying
- 1/2 Tbsp. (7.5 ml) Water
- 2 Tbsps. (30 ml) Vinegar
- 2 Tbsps. (18 g) Red Onion, diced
- 2 Tbsps. (30 g) Brown Sugar
- 2 pcs. (2 g) Red Chili, sliced
- 2 Tbsps. (30 ml) Sarsaya® Liquid Seasoning
- 1 pc. (5 g) Green Chili, sliced
- BOIL. Place balut in a pot with water and bring to a boil for 30 minutes. Let cool then peel. Set aside the liquid from the balut.
- DEEP FRY. In a pan, heat oil. Deep fry tokwa and cook until golden brown. Drain excess oil in colander or strainer.
- MIX. To make the dressing, in a small bowl, add water, vinegar, red onion, brown sugar, red chili, Sarsaya® Liquid Seasoning, and green chili. Mix well.
- TOSS. In a separate bowl, add the balut, tokwa, and then add the dressing. Toss well.
- SERVE. Place tokwa't balut in a serving bowl. Serve and enjoy.
Include the liquid from the balut when tossing with the dressing and tokwa to obtain a better flavor.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Tokwa and balut are both good sources of Calcium that helps in maintaining and building strong bones.