Tokwa’t BalutSARSAYA® Liquid Seasoning
- 6 pcs. (286.2 g) Balut, cooked, peeled
- 1 cup (250 g) Tokwa, sliced
- 2 cups (500 ml) Cooking Oil, for frying
- 1/2 Tbsp. (7.5 ml) Water
- 2 Tbsps. (30 ml) Vinegar
- 2 Tbsps. (18 g) Red Onion, diced
- 2 Tbsps. (30 g) Brown Sugar
- 2 pcs. (2 g) Red Chili, sliced
- 2 Tbsps. (30 ml) Sarsaya® Liquid Seasoning
- 1 pc. (5 g) Green Chili, sliced
- BOIL. Place balut in a pot with water and bring to a boil for 30 minutes. Let cool then peel. Set aside the liquid from the balut.
- DEEP FRY. In a pan, heat oil. Deep fry tokwa and cook until golden brown. Drain excess oil in colander or strainer.
- MIX. To make the dressing, in a small bowl, add water, vinegar, red onion, brown sugar, red chili, Sarsaya® Liquid Seasoning, and green chili. Mix well.
- TOSS. In a separate bowl, add the balut, tokwa, and then add the dressing. Toss well.
- SERVE. Place tokwa't balut in a serving bowl. Serve and enjoy.
Include the liquid from the balut when tossing with the dressing and tokwa to obtain a better flavor.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes Preparation: 10 minutes Servings: 6 servings Serving size: 1 pc. Balut + 3 slices tofu and 1 1/2 Tbsp. sauce (90 g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Tokwa and balut are both good sources of Calcium that helps in maintaining and building strong bones.