Crispy Tortang TalongAJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 4 pcs. (320g) Eggplant, whole, washed
- 2 pcs. (100g) Egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Cornstarch
- 1 pack (8g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 4 Tbsps. (60ml) Cooking oil
- GRILL. Poke the eggplant all-over using a fork. Using a griller, grill eggplants until skin turns black. Let it cool then peel off the skin. Set aside.
- MIX. In a bowl, combine egg, cornstarch, and AJI-GINISA®. Mix until fluffy.
- FRY. In a pan, heat 1 Tbsp. of oil at a time. Flatten eggplant using a fork on a flat surface. Then dip the eggplant in the egg mixture. Fry eggplant until golden brown and crispy. Do the same for the rest of the eggplants.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve and enjoy.
Adding cornstarch to the egg mixture helps make the batter crispy. You may also add baking powder for a fluffier texture.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Eggplants are good sources of Dietary Fiber that helps maintain a healthy digestion.