Veggie OkoyAJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup (30g) Dried shrimp, small variety
- 2 cups (500ml) Water
- 2 cups (200g) Cornstarch
- 6 Tbsps. (90g) All-purpose flour
- 1 pc. (50g) Egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5g) Salt
- 1/2 tsp. (1.1g) Pepper, ground
- 2 packs (16g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 3 cups (240g) Mung bean sprouts, washed
- 3 cups (200g) Squash, thinly sliced
- 3 cups (240g) Sweet potato, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500ml) Cooking oil
- SOAK. Combine dried shrimp and water in a bowl and let it soak for 5-10 minutes. Strain the shrimp and keep the water. Set aside.
- MIX. In a bowl, combine cornstarch, all-purpose flour, water (used to soak the shrimp), egg, salt, pepper, and AJI-GINISA®. Mix well until no more lumps. Add the mung bean sprouts, squash, sweet potato, and shrimp. Mix well.
- DEEP-FRY. In a pan, heat oil. Deep-fry 1/2 cup (120g) of the okoy mixture until golden brown and crispy. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander.
- SERVE. Transfer okoy to a serving plate. Serve and enjoy!
Make sure that the oil is hot (around 175°C or 350°F) to attain a crispy okoy.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes Preparation: 25 minutes Servings: 13 Serving size: 1 pc. (92g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Both squash and sweet potatoes are good sources of Vitamin A that helps boost immunity and healthy eyesight.