PinakbetSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Cooking oil
- 1/2 cup (100g) Liempo, sliced
- 1/4 cup (25g) Onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Garlic, minced
- 1 cup (140g) Squash, cubed
- 1 cup (90g) Sitaw, sliced
- 1 cup (110g) Ampalaya, sliced
- 1 cup (250ml) Water
- 1 cup (70g) Eggplant, sliced
- 1 cup (90g) Okra, sliced
- 2 packs (60g) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil. Sauté liempo until fat is rendered. Add onion and garlic. Sauté well.
- MIX & SIMMER. Add squash, sitaw, and ampalaya. Mix well. Add water and let it simmer while covered until vegetables are almost cooked.
- SIMMER. Add eggplant and okra. Let it simmer again while covered until desired amount of sauce is achieved.
- SEASON. Add SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce. Mix well.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve while hot.
Make sure to cut the vegetables almost of the same size for them to cook evenly. You may add cornstarch mixture to the sauce for a thicker consistency.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
This dish contains a variety of vegetables rich in Dietary Fiber which helps lower the "bad" cholesterol in the body.