Batangas AdoboAJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 1 tsp. (2g) Achuete seeds, dried
- 1.5 liters (1500ml) Water, hot
- 1 kilo (1000g) Beef flank, chunked
- 3 Tbsps. (30g) Garlic, crushed
- 2 pcs. (2g) Laurel leaves, dried
- 1/2 Tbsp. (7.5g) Black peppercorn, whole
- 1 cup (250ml) Spiced vinegar
- 1 pack (8g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) White sugar
- SIMMER. In a pan, combine achuete seeds in hot water, simmer for a few minutes until it releases color. Set aside.
- SEAR. In a pan with no oil, sear beef pieces on all sides until golden brown and some fat is rendered. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ & BOIL. On the same pan, sauté garlic, laurel leaves, and peppercorn until aromatic. Put the beef back into the pan then add vinegar, let it boil. Add achuete water, mix well.
- SEASON & SIMMER. Add AJI-GINISA®, and sugar. Let it simmer for 2-3 hours until beef is tender.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving dish. Enjoy hot with steamed rice.
Using a pressure cooker may decrease the cooking time by half in tenderizing the meat.
Cooking Time: 3 hours and 15 minutes Preparation: 5 minutes Servings: 8 Serving size: 1 cup (212.5g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Beef is rich in highly absorbable Iron that helps reduce the feeling of fatigue and lightheadedness.