Beef Pares and Fried RiceAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 kilo (1000 grams) Beef Flank Steak ( Camto /Kalitiran)
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) Cooking Oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) Onion, red ,chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) Ginger, thinly chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) Garlic, minced
- 2 pcs (3 grams) Star Anise ,whole
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) Black Pepper peppercorn
- 1 pack (11 grams) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 3/4 Liter ( approx 800ml) Water
- 2 kilos (2000 grams) Rice, fried
- 1/4 cup (45 grams) Toasted Garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) Onion, white, chopped
- 1/8 cup (28 grams) Chili Sauce
- SEAR. In a pan, sear beef until tender then set aside.
- SAUTÉ. In the same pan, heat oil. Sauté onions, ginger, garlic and star anise until fragrant.
- SEASON & SIMMER.. Add seared beef, soy sauce, vinegar, black pepper, AJI-NO-MOTO® and water. Bring to a boil then simmer for a few minutes.
- SERVE. Transfer to individual bowls paired with fried rice. Garnish Pares with toasted garlic, white onions, and chili sauce on the side and enjoy
Flank tends to get chewier the longer it’s cooked, so cook it to a nice rare or medium rare to achieve desired tenderness of the beef.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Flank steak is a rich source of protein which is necessary in maintaining muscle strength!