Sweet And Sour Fish RecipeAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/2 kilo (500g) Lapu-Lapu, well-cleaned
- 3 Tbsps. (45ml) Cooking Oil
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (100ml) Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup (250ml) Water
- 1/2 cup (60g) Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup (60g) Onion, sliced
- 1 cup (150g) Carrots, flowerettes
- 1 1/2 cups (240g) Green bell pepper, strips
- 1/2 pack (5.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 4 tsps. (20g) Sugar, white, refined
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Fish Sauce
- PAN-FRY. In a pan, heat oil and fry Lapu-Lapu. Set aside.
- SIMMER. In a pot, mix soy sauce, tomato sauce, and water. Add garlic and onions then simmer for two (2) minutes. Add carrots and green bell pepper and simmer for another five(5) minutes.
- SEASON. Add AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning, sugar and fish sauce. Cook for another minute.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving plate, serve and enjoy.
To ensure a crispy fried fish, coat it with cornstarch before frying.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Reduced sodium by 33% Original seasoning/condiment: 1/4 cup (60ml) Fish sauce, 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Soy sauce. Lapu-lapu is rich in Vitamin A for healthy immune function and helps to achieve a healthy and normal vision.