Birria TacosAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. (7g) Dried chili pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup (85g) Chipotle peppers
- 4 tsps. (20ml) Vinegar
- 3 Tbsps. (40g) Tomato, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. (1g) Oregano, dried
- 1/2 tsp. (1.7g) Smoked paprika, powder
- 1/4 tsp. (0.7g) Cumin, powder
- 1 pack (11g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 0.4 kilo (400g) Beef shank, cubed
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsps. (25g) White onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. (0.3g) Cinnamon powder
- 1 pc. (1g) Bay leaf
- 2 cups (500ml) Water
- 5 pcs. (125g) Tortilla, small size
- 1/2 cup (60g) White onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup (15g) Cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1/3 cup (65g) Cheese, grated
- BLEND & MARINATE. In a blender, combine dried chili peppers, chipotle peppers, vinegar, tomato, oregano, smoked paprika, cumin and AJI-NO-MOTO®. Blend until smooth. Add this mixture to the beef, then marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- SEAR & SAUTÉ. In a hot pot, heat oil then sear beef until browned on all sides. Sauté white onion until transluscent.
- SIMMER & SHRED. Add cinnamon, bay leaf, and water then simmer until beef is tender. Remove the beef then shred the meat. Set aside the remaining stew.
- ASSEMBLE & SERVE. Dip tortilla in the stew mixture to coat. Assemble Birria Tacos by adding the shredded beef, white onion, cilantro, and cheese to the tortilla then fold into half. In a heated pan, heat the tortilla on both sides over medium heat until slightly brown. Serve Birria Tacos with the stew mixture on the side.
You may substitute chipotle peppers with jalapeno peppers or green peppers.
Cooking Time: 1 hour and 40 minutes Preparation: 30 minutes Servings: 5 Serving size: 1 pc. (130g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Beef is a good source of Protein that promotes muscle growth and development.