Malunggay Pesto PastaAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 cup (60 g) Malunggay Leaves
- 1 cup (40 g) Basil leaves
- 5 cloves (12 g) Garlic
- 1/2 cup (70 g) Peanut
- 1/2 cup (90 g) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/4 cup (300 ml) Olive Oil
- 1 pack (11 g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. (1 g) Black Pepper, ground
- 4 cups (800 g) Fettucine Pasta, cooked
- BLEND. Using a blender combine malunggay leaves, basil leaves, garlic, peanut, parmesan cheese, olive oil, AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning. and pepper. Blend well until it achieves a smooth consistency. Set aside.
- TOSS. In a bowl, add cooked pasta and malunggay pesto. Toss until ingredients are well incorporated.
- SERVE. Transfer into a serving plate, serve and enjoy.
It is recommended to use a mortar and pestle to pound basil and malunggay leaves for flavor. This effectively ruptures the leaves and extracts the maximum flavor out of each leaf compared to grinding leaves using a food processor.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Malunggay is a good source of Iron, Calcium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Potassium, and Antioxidants that are all essential in maintaining optimal health.