Kinunot na PagiAJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 kilo (500g) Pagi o stingray
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup (50g) Onion, chopped
- 2 cups (500ml) Coconut milk
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Coconut cream
- 1 cup (20g) Malunggay leaves
- 1 pack (8g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 tsp. (0.6g) Ground black pepper
- PARBOIL & SHRED. In a pot of boiling water, boil pagi for a few minutes. Throw away the water then parboil one more time. Debone the fish then shred the meat. Set aside.
- STIR-FRY. In a pan, heat oil. Sauté ginger and onion until fragrant. Add pagi meat then stir-fry for 1 minute.
- SIMMER. Add coconut milk and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add coconut cream and malunggay leaves.
- SEASON. Add AJI-GINISA® and black pepper. Mix well and simmer for a few minutes.
- SERVE. Transfer to a bowl. Serve and enjoy.
You may add vinegar and ginger in parboiling the pagi to reduce the "fishy" or "malansa" taste. You may also add vinegar after adding coconut cream to increase shelf-life.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Pagi meat and its soft bones contain Calcium which is important in building strong bones.