Braised Minced Pork with Oyster SauceSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Oil
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Onion, minced
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Garlic, minced
- 2 cups (400g) Pork Belly, minced
- 2 packs (60g) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. (1g) Pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Water
- 1/2 cup (90g) Mushroom, chopped
- 1/4 cup (46g) Celery, chopped
- 5 cups (800g) Rice, cooked
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil. Sauté onions and garlic until fragrant. Add minced pork and cooked until golden brown.
- SEASON. Add SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce and pepper. Mix well.
- BRAISE. Add water and mushrooms. Braise meat mixture for about 25 minutes on low heat. Stir once in a while. Turn off fire.
- SERVE. Place braised meat on top of cooked rice. Garnish with celery. Serve and enjoy.
Braising is a simple cooking technique that involves a quick sear in a hot pan, followed by a slow simmer in a flavorful liquid, such as stock, wine or beer.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
The Benefits of Braising Food: You can create a broad variety of food presentations and recipes. From an assortment of different vegetables and spices to a wide number of fish, meats and poultry, braising is a cooking method that can be use with virtually any type of food. It provides tastier meals. As described above, the juices and flavours that combine during braising create a unique taste for the majority of meats that is especially rich. The soft, tender texture that is obtained almost feels like soft butter melting in your mouth when eaten – the meat pulls apart easily with just a fork.