Kung Pao Chicken & Tofu with RiceSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce, SARSAYA® Liquid Seasoning, AJI-SHIO® Garlic Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups (500ml) Vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 pcs. (200g) Tokwa, diced
- 2 packs (60g) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) White sugar
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) SARSAYA® Liquid Seasoning
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (50g) White onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. (5g) Siling Labuyo, chopped
- 4 pcs. (400g) Chicken thigh, fillet, strips
- 1 tsp. (5ml) Sesame oil
- 4 Tbsps. (60ml) Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 kilos (1500g) Leftover rice, cooked
- 1 1/4 packs (22g) AJI-SHIO® Garlic Seasoning Mix
- 5 pcs. (250g) Egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. (5g) Roasted peanut, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup (50g) Scallions, chopped (optional)
- DEEP-FRY. In a pan, heat oil. Deep-fry tofu pieces until golden brown. Drain excess oil using a strainer or colander. Set aside.
- MIX. To make Kung Pao Sauce, add SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce, sugar, SARSAYA® Liquid Seasoning, and hoisin sauce in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil. Sauté onion, garlic, and siling labuyo until fragrant. Add chicken and sauté until it turns light brown. Add the kung pau sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes. Mix in fried tofu and sesame oil. Set aside.
- STIR-FRY. To make fried rice (optional), in a wok, heat oil. Add leftover rice and AJI-SHIO® Garlic Seasoning Mix. Mix well and form a well in the middle. Add the eggs and cook for 2 minutes or until eggs are scrambled and set. Mix well.
- SERVE. Place fried rice in individual bowls. Top with Kung Pao Chicken and Tofu. Garnish with peanuts and scallions. Serve and enjoy.
If hoisin sauce is not available, you may substitute it with 1 Tbsp. SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce and 1 Tbsp. barbecue sauce.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes Preparation: 15 minutes Servings: 16 Serving size: 3/4 cup (143.8g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Both tofu and chicken thighs are rich sources of complete Protein that contain all the essential amino acids needed by the body to build protein.