Breakfast Egg Spring RollAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Butter, unsalted
- 4 Tbsps. (40g) White onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (40g) Ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup (80g) Mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup (30g) Kangkong leaves, sliced
- 4 pcs. (200g) Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 pack (5.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 4 Tbsps. (60ml) Fresh milk
- 12 pcs. (84g) Lumpia wrapper, small
- 2 cups (500ml) Oil
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Butter, unsalted
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Flour
- 1 cup (250ml) Milk
- 1/4 cup (30g) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/8 tsp. (0.6g) Salt, iodized
- SAUTÉ. To prepare egg filling, melt butter in a pan. Sauté white onions until slightly translucent. Add ham and mushroom then sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add sliced kangkong then cook for a minute or until wilted. Adjust the flame in low fire.
- MIX. In a bowl, combine eggs, AJI-NO-MOTO®, and milk. Mix well then pour to the pan with sautéed vegetables. Mix and scramble the egg mixture until it forms into soft curds. Set aside.
- WRAP & FRY. Wrap 2 Tbsps. of the egg filling using a lumpia wrapper. Heat oil in a pan then fry the spring rolls until golden brown and crispy. Repeat with the rest of the fillings. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander. Set aside.
- SIMMER. To prepare creamy cheese dip, melt butter in a saucepan then mix in the flour until well combined. Slowly pour in milk while continuously stirring to avoid lumps. Add cheese, mix well and simmer for 1 minute.
- SERVE. Transfer breakfast spring rolls to a plate then serve with the creamy cheese dip.
If the wrapper is too thin, you can double the wrapper to prevent the spring roll from exploding while frying.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Eggs are a good source of Choline that supports brain function and development. Reduced sodium by 31% Original sodium content: 1 tsp. (5g) Salt.