CalamaresAJI-SHIO® Pepper Seasoning Mix
- 2 pieces (2g) Eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon (1g) Cayenne Pepper
- 1 kg (1000g) Squid, cut into rings
- 1 cup (110g) Flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) Cornstarch
- 1 pack (18g) AJI-SHIO® Pepper Seasoning Mix
- 1 liter (1000ml) Cooking Oil
- COMBINE. In a bowl put together the beaten eggs and cayenne pepper. Add squid, mix well and let it stand for at least 20 minutes for better absorption of flavors inside the squid.
- MIX. On a separate bowl, mix the flour and cornstarch.
- SEASON. Season with AJI-SHIO® Pepper . Mix well.
- DREDGE. For a crunchy texture, dredge squid rings in the flour mixture. Make sure that all parts are evenly coated.
- DEEP-FRY. In a pot with hot oil, deep – fry squid for at least 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- SERVE. Serve with your desired sauce or dips and ENJOY!
Cook over high heat so that the squid will be tender in less than a minute. It may not be brown, but it yields the most tender rings. Meanwhile, if you go over the recommended time, it will become “rubbery rings” so avoid cooking extended time.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Squid is a good source of Selenium that aids in the normal functioning of the liver.