Rellenong BangusAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/2 kilo (500g) Bangus
- 4 cups (1000ml) Water
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Cooking oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsps. (15g) Onion, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsps. (15g) Garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsps. (30g) Carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup (25g) Raisins
- 1/2 cup (60g) Tomato, chopped
- 1 pc. (60g) Egg
- 1 1/2 tsps. (3.75g) Salt
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Bell pepper, green minced
- 1 pack (11g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/2 cup (60g) Flour
- 1 cup (250ml) Cooking oil
- CLEAN & SIMMER. Scrape the meat inside of the bangus without breaking the skin. In a pot of simmering water, add fish meat then cook until meat turns white. Drain then remove the bones. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil. Add onion and garlic until fragrant. Add carrots, raisins, and tomatoes. Sauté until tomatoes are slightly soft. Add fish meat then mix well. Set aside to cool.
- MIX & WRAP. In a bowl, combine cooked fish meat, egg, salt, worcestershire sauce, bell pepper, and AJI-NO-MOTO®. Mix well. Place the filling on to the bangus skin and wrap tightly.
- DREDGE & FRY. Dredge rellenong bangus in flour until well-coated. In a pan, heat oil. Fry rellenong bangus until golden brown. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander.
- SERVE. Slice rellenong bangus into serving pieces. Serve and enjoy!
Instead of simmering the fish in a pot of water, you may use just 1 cup of water then add more water if it dries up until the fish is cooked through.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Bangus is a rich source of Protein that helps maintain muscle mass.