Chicken CalderetaAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Olive oil
- 1/2 cup (110g) Onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsps. (42g) Garlic, minced
- 1 kilo (1000g) Chicken, leg quarter, cut into 3-pcs.
- 1 cup (250ml) Tomato sauce
- 2 pcs. (2g) Bay leaf
- 1 pack (10g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/2 cup (150g) Green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) Potato, cut into chunks
- 1 cup (150g) Carrot, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1 can (75g) Liver spread
- 1 cup (180g) Green olive, pitted
- 4 pcs. (4g) Red chili, minced
- 1/4 cup (60g) Cheddar cheese, grated
- SAUTÈ. In a pan, heat oil. Sauté onion and garlic until aromatic. Add the chicken pieces and cook until slightly brown.
- SIMMER. Add tomato sauce and bay leaf. Simmer for 45 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- SEASON. Add AJI-NO-MOTO®. Mix well.
- SIMMER. Add bell peppers, potato, and carrots. Let simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are cooked. Add liver spread, olives, and red chili. Turn off heat then add the cheese. Mix well.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve and enjoy.
Searing the chicken before adding the sauce gives an additional depth of flavor.
Cooking Time: 60 minutes Preparation: 30 minutes Servings: 12 Serving size: 3/4 cup (175g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Chicken is a rich source of complete Protein that is essential in maintaining muscle mass.