Bistek with Eggplant and MushroomSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 0.65 kilo (650g) Beef sirloin, thin slices
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsps. (45ml) Calamansi juice
- 4 Tbsps. (60ml) Soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. (1.2g) Black pepper, ground
- 6 Tbsps. (90ml) Cooking oil
- 1 1/2 packs (45g) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Calamansi juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. (7.5g) White sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) Water
- 2 cups (300g) Eggplant, sliced
- 1 cup (200g) Mushroom, whole
- 2 cups (300g) White onion, sliced into rounds
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Toasted garlic
- MARINATE. n a bowl, combine beef, garlic, calamansi juice, soy sauce, and black pepper. Mix well and marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- SEAR & SEASON. In a pan, heat oil. Sear beef until browned. Add the excess liquid marinade mixture, SARSAYA® Oyster sauce, calamansi juice, and white sugar.
- SIMMER. Add water. Mix then simmer for 15-20 minutes or until beef is tender. Add eggplant and mushroom. Mix then simmer for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are cooked. Add white onions then cook for 1-2 minutes.
- SERVE. Transfer to a plate. Serve with 1 1/2 cups of rice and 1 slice of mango.
Souring agents, such as vinegar and calamansi juice, help tenderize the meat.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes Preparation: 45 minutes Servings: 7 Serving size: -1 1/2 cups Bistek with Eggplant and Mushroom (210g)-1 1/2 cups of rice (240g) -1 slice mango (80g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Ascorbic Acid (mg)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Beef is a good source of Protein that helps keep muscles strong and Iron that helps prevent fatigue.