Ginataang Puso ng SagingAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 4 cups (1000ml) Water
- 1/2 tsp. (2.50g) Salt
- 2 pcs. (400g) Puso ng saging, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 1/4 kg. (250g) Pork liempo, strips
- 1 cup (130g) Onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Ginger, sliced
- 2 cups (500ml) Coconut milk
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5g) Ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsps. (7.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2-3 pcs. (2.50g) Finger chilies, sliced
- SOAK AND SQUEEZE. In a large bowl, add water and salt. Mix to combine. Add the puso ng saging and let it Soak for at least 30 minutes. Squeeze out the water from puso ng saging and set aside. Discard the salted water.
- SEAR. In a hot pan, add oil and sear the pork. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ. In the same pan, sauté onion, garlic, ginger and puso ng saging.
- SIMMER. Add coconut milk and simmer for at least 10 minutes or until desired consistency is achieved.
- SEASON. Add fish sauce, ground black pepper and AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoniong. Add the chili and mix well.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve while hot.
To prepare the banana heart, discard the mature, dark-colored bracts. Stop discarding bract until you reached the light-colored bracts.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Reduced sodium by 39% Original seasoning/condiment: 1 tsp. (5g) Salt, approx 1/3 cup (75ml) Fish sauce. The banana heart is a good source of Vitamin E which is a good antioxidant that helps protect cells from damaging.