Chicken-Eggplant Omelette RecipeAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 3 pcs. (150 g) Eggplant, grilled, peeled, flattened
- 3 Tbsps. (45 ml) Cooking oil
- 2 Tbsps. (30 g) Onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. (30 g) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (120 g) Ground chicken
- 1/2 cup (60 g) Red and green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup (60 g) Tomato, sliced
- 1/8 tsp. (0.5 g) Salt
- 1/4 tsp. (0.3 g) Ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (15 g) Spring onions, chopped
- 3 pcs. (180 g) Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 pack (5 g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) Cooking oil
- SAUTÉ. In hot oil, sauté onions, garlic until fragrant, add chicken and cook until color turns light brown. Add bell peppers and tomatoes, mix well.
- SEASON. Add salt and pepper, turn off the heat and add spring onions. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- COMBINE & SUBMERGE. In one bowl combine beaten eggs with AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning, mix well. Submerge each piece of eggplant into the egg mixture, place in a platter, and press 3 Tbsps. (45g) of vegetable-chicken mixture on top. Repeat the steps with all of the remaining eggplants.
- PAN-FRY. Heat oil in a pan and fry eggplant one a time.
- SERVE. Drain the oil, transfer it in a serving platter. Serve and enjoy.
Soak the grilled eggplant in cold water for easier peeling of the skin.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Reduced sodium by 48% Original sodium content: 2 teaspoons (10 g) Salt. Eggplant is low in calories and sodium and is a great source of dietary fiber, Potassium, and B vitamins for healthy body processes.