Chicken in Tomato SalsaAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 4 cups (800g) Chicken thigh, bone-in
- 1 tsp. (5g) Salt
- 1 tsp. (2g) Pepper
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Cooking oil
- 1/4 cup (60g) Red onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (120g) Tomato, diced
- 2 tsps. (10ml) Soy sauce
- 1/2 pack (5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- MARINATE. In a bowl, marinate the chicken in salt and pepper. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil. Sauté onion, garlic, and tomato. Cook until tomatoes are blistered and softened. Add chicken. Cook until meat is browned.
- SIMMER. Add soy sauce, and AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning. Simmer until chicken is fully cooked.
- SERVE. Transfer in a serving plate. Serve and enjoy.
Use high heat when sautéing and low heat when simmering. This brings out the natural sweetness of tomatoes.
Cooking Time: 25 minutes Preparation: 15 minutes Servings: 10 Serving size: 1/2 cup (84g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Reduced sodium by 30% Original seasoning/condiment: 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Soy sauce, 2 tsps. (10g) Salt. Chicken is low in calories but high in Protein thus can be beneficial for weight loss.