Chicken in Tomato SalsaAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 4 cups (800g) Chicken thigh, bone-in
- 1 tsp. (5g) Salt
- 1 tsp. (2g) Pepper
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Cooking oil
- 1/4 cup (60g) Red onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (120g) Tomato, diced
- 2 tsps. (10ml) Soy sauce
- 1/2 pack (5.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- MARINATE. In a bowl, marinate the chicken in salt and pepper. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil. Sauté onion, garlic, and tomato. Cook until tomatoes are blistered and softened. Add chicken. Cook until meat is browned.
- SIMMER. Add soy sauce, lemon juice, and AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning. Simmer until chicken is fully cooked.
- SERVE. Transfer in a serving plate. Serve and enjoy.
Use high heat when sautéing and low hit when simmering. This brings out the natural sweetness of tomatoes.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Reduced sodium by 30% Original seasoning/condiment: 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Soy sauce, 2 tsps. (10g) Salt. Chicken is low in calories but high in Protein thus can be beneficial for weight loss.