Chicken Pomelo SaladAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 cup (200g) Chicken thigh, filleted
- 1 tsp. (5g) Salt
- 1 tsp (2g) Pepper
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 2 cups (200g) Lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup (100g) Carrots, strips
- 1/2 cup (100g) Cabbage, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60g) Red onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Peanuts, crushed
- 1/2 cup (110g) Pomelo, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Sesame oil
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Lemongrass, chopped
- 4 Tbsps. (60g) Ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Honey
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Lime juice
- 1 pack (11g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- MARINATE. In a bowl, marinate the chicken in salt and pepper. Set aside.
- PAN FRY. In a pan, heat oil. Pan fry chicken until skin is browned and crispy. Chop into bite-size portions. Set aside.
- TOSS. In a bowl, mix lettuce, carrots, cabbage, onions, peanuts, and pomelo. Toss until combined. Set aside.
- MIX. To make the dressing, add sesame oil, lemongrass, ginger, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, and AJI-NO-MOTO® in a bowl. Mix well until fully combined.
- SERVE. Assemble salad starting with greens mixture, topped with pan-fried chicken. Serve with dressing on the side.
Remember to wash and dry greens (lettuce, cabbage, etc.) prior to tossing. Use a vegetable spinner in drying vegetables to avoid wilted greens.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Reduced sodium by 32% Original seasoning/condiment: 2 tsps. (10g) Salt, 3 Tbsps. (approx. 48ml) Soy Sauce. Chicken has Tryptophan, an amino acid that is responsible for raising serotonin levels in your brain. Serotonin is the “feel-good” neurochemical linked with mood.