Chicken Soup with Caramelized GingerThe Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix
- 2 Tbsps (30ml) Oil
- 1 cup (75g) Onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup (45g) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (60g) Ginger, thin slices
- 5 cups (1250ml) Water
- 1/2kilo (500g) Chicken, boiled, shredded
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Fish sauce
- 1/4 tsp. (0.6g) Ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. (8g) The Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix
- 1cup (100g) Shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup (100g) Button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (120g) String beans, chopped
- 1/2 cup (20g) Cilantro, chopped
- SAUTÉ & BOIL. In a pan, heat oil. Sauté onion, garlic, and ginger until fragrant. Add water and chicken then bring to a boil.
- SEASON. Add fish sauce, pepper, brown sugar, and The Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix. Mix well and simmer for a minute.
- SIMMER. Add shiitake mushrooms, button mushrooms, and string beans. Let it simmer for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked. Turn off the heat then add cilantro.
- SERVE. Transfer soup to individual bowls then serve!
Instead of water, you may use the chicken stock that was used to cook the shredded chicken for a more complex flavor.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes Preparation: 30 minutes Servings: 5 Serving size: 2 cups (360g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Chicken is a good source of lean Protein that helps build and repair muscles.