Chicken Broccoli SoupAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 6 cups (1,500 ml) Water
- 1/2 kilo (500 g) Chicken, bone-in, shredded
- 1 tsp (5 g) Salt
- 2 Tbsps (30 ml) Oil
- 2 Tbsps (30 g) Butter, unsalted
- 1 cup (130 g) Onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsps (30 g) Garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsps (40 g) Flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) Whole Milk
- 1 cup (150 g) Carrots, diced
- 1 head (300 g) Broccoli, florets
- 2 Tbsps (15 g) Celery, sliced
- 1/4 tsp. (1.2 g) Ground black pepper
- 4 tsps. (20 ml) Fish sauce
- 1 pack (11 g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- Boil. In a pot with water, add chicken and salt. Let it boil until chicken is tender. Remove the chicken from broth and carefully separate meat from bones. Cut the chicken meat into small cubes. Set aside both chicken and broth.
- Sauté. In a pan, heat oil and butter. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add flour and continue cooking until flour is fully incorporated. Add milk and broth.
- Boil. Add carrots, broccoli and celery. Boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Season. Add pepper, fish sauce and AJI-NO-MOTO®. Mix well.
- Serve. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve while hot.
Do not overcook your vegetables to maintain its natural crunch.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Reduced sodium by 32% Original seasoning/condiment: 3/4 Tbsp. (12.5g) Salt, 8 tsps. (40ml) Fish sauce Broccoli is high in folate which is important in healthy red blood formation, growth and function.