Coleslaw RecipeAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 4 cups (340 g) Cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups (220 g) Carrots, julienne cut
- 4 Tbsps. (60 g) Red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tbsps. (23 ml) Vinegar, white
- 2 1/2 Tbsps. (38 ml) Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Low-fat milk
- 1 pack (11 g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 5 Tbsps. (75 g) Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5 g) Salt
- 1/8 tsp. (0.3 g) Ground black pepper
- PREPARE. To prepare the vegetables, rinse the cabbage, carrots, and onions. Shred the cabbage and slice carrots and onions. Set aside.
- MIX. To make the coleslaw dressing, in a bowl, mix mayonnaise, vinegar, lemon juice, and low-fat milk.
- SEASON. Add AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning, sugar, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- CHILL. Toss the shredded cabbage, carrots, and onion into the coleslaw dressing and stir well. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving platter, serve and enjoy.
Coleslaw can last for 3 to 4 days inside chiller but should be tossed regularly especially when it starts to get mushy.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Reduced sodium by 30% Original sodium content: 2 teaspoons (10 grams) Salt. Cabbage has vitamin C that helps protect the immune system, reduces the severity of allergic reactions, and helps fight infection.