Crispy PataAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 1/4 kilo (1250g) Pork pata
- 2 tsps. (10g) Salt
- 2 tsps. (5g) Ground black pepper
- 3 tsps. (8g) Garlic powder
- 2 Liters (2000ml) Water
- 6 pcs. (3g) Bay leaves
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Whole peppercorn
- 4 pcs. (4g) Star anise
- 1 Liter (1000ml) Cooking oil
- 1 pack (11g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- MARINATE. In a large bowl, combine pork, salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder. Marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- SIMMER. In a pot, combine marinated pork pata, bay leaves, whole peppercorn, star anise, and water. Simmer pork pata for 1 hour or until tender. Drain then set aside until cool and skin is dry.
- DEEP-FRY. In a pot, heat oil. Carefully drop pork pata into the hot oil. Deep-fry until golden brown and crispy. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander.
- SERVE. Transfer to a plate. Serve and enjoy!
For a crispier pork pata, you may coat it with CRISPY-FRY® Breading Mix (Original) before deep-frying!
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
To lessen fat intake, you may opt to cook the pork pata in turbo broiler or oven instead of deep-frying. Brush it with thin layer of oil before cooking.