Dinengdeng na Saluyot at LabongAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Cooking oil
- 1/2 kilo (500g) Tilapia, cleaned and gutted
- 4 cups (1000ml) Water
- 2 cups (302g) Bamboo shoots (labong), boiled, julienne
- 5 cups (1250ml) Water
- 1 cup (102g) Onions, quartered
- 1/8 cup (25g) Bagoong
- 3 cups (67g) Saluyot, leaves only
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5g) Salt
- 1/2 tsp. (1.3g) Pepper, ground
- 1 pack (10g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- FRY. In a pan, heat oil. Fry tilapia until golden brown. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander. Set aside.
- BOIL. In a pot, heat water until big bubbles form. Add bamboo shoot (labong) and cook for 5-7 minutes until tender. Drain then set aside.
- SIMMER & STRAIN. In a pot, combine water and onion then bring to a simmer. In a separate bowl, take 1/2 cup of the water from the pot and add bagoong. Strain bagoong to extract the juice and discard the small particles then add the bagoong sauce into the pot.
- SIMMER. Add labong and simmer about 3-5 minutes. Add fried fish, saluyot, salt, pepper, and AJI-NO-MOTO®.
- SERVE.. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve and enjoy!
You can use either fresh or canned labong.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes Preparation: 20 minutes Servings: 6 Serving size: 1 cup
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Labong or bamboo shoots contain Vitamin A that helps maintain healthy eyes, skin, and bones.