Fishball SoupAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 5 cups (1250ml) Water
- 2 cups (225g) Fish balls
- 2 bundles (100g) Pechay tagalog, chopped
- 1/2 pack (5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Fish sauce
- 1/3 cup (35g) Leeks, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Garlic, minced, toasted
- BOIL. In a pot, add water then bring to a boil. Add fish balls then let it boil for a minute.
- SIMMER. Add the stems of the pechay then cook for 30 seconds. Add the leaves then cook for another 30 seconds.
- SEASON. Add AJI-NO-MOTO®, fish sauce and leeks. Mix then simmer for a minute.
- SERVE. Transfer soup to individual bowls then top with toasted garlic. Serve and enjoy!
In cooking fishball soup, one indication that the balls are cooked is when they float to the surface of the soup. Turn off the fire and do not remove the cover for a few minutes.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Pechay is a good source of Vitamin K, which plays a key role in preventing excessive bleeding.