Fish EscabecheAJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 1 kilo (1000g) Tilapia, large size, well-cleaned
- 1 tsp. (5g) Iodized salt
- 1/3 cup (40g) All-purpose Flour
- 1 cup (250ml) Cooking oil
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 1/2 cup (60g) Onion, sliced
- 4 Tbsps. (40g) Garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Ginger, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup (75g) Tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup (180ml) Vinegar
- 3 Tbsps. (45g) Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5g) Iodized salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsps. (10g) Cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Water
- 1 pack (8g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Soy sauce (optional)
- 3/4 cup (25g) Spring onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (30g) Kinchay, chopped
- SEASON & FRY. Season tilapia with salt. Coat with flour then fry fish in hot oil until golden brown. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ & SIMMER. In a pan, heat oil. Sauté onion, garlic, and ginger until fragrant. Add tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- SEASON. Add cornstarch mixture, AJI-GINISA®, and soy sauce. Mix well.
- SERVE. Pour sauce all over the fried fish. Garnish with spring onions and kinchay. Serve and enjoy.
To make the fried tilapia more crunchy, coat it with cornstarch before frying.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes Preparation: 30 minutes Servings: 8 Serving size: 1 slice fish (100g), 1/4 cup sauce (50g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Tilapia is a rich source of Protein that supports muscle growth and development.