Lunar New Year Misua SoupAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 1/4 cup (60g) Chorizo macau, sliced
- 1/4 cup (40g) Onion, minced
- 3 Tbsps. (30g) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (80g) Tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup (50g) Dried shiitake mushroom, rehydrated, sliced
- 6 cups (1500ml) Water
- 1/2 cup (80g) Carrot, sliced into half-moon
- 1/4 pack (50g) Misua
- 1/4 tsp. (0.5g) Achuete powder (Annatto)
- 1 pack (10g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 tsp. (5g) Salt
- 1/4 tsp. (0.5g) Ground black pepper
- 1/4 kilo (250g) Bokchoy, trimmed
- 8 pcs. (400g) Hard-boiled egg, peeled, halved
- SAUTÉ. In a pot, heat oil. Sauté chorizo until slightly brown. Add onion and garlic then sauté for a minute. Add tomato and mushrooms then cook until softened.
- BOIL. Add water then bring to a boil. Add carrots and misua then cook for a minute.
- SEASON. Add achuete powder, AJI-NO-MOTO®, salt, and pepper. Stir then simmer for a minute. Add bokchoy then cook for another minute.
- SERVE. Transfer soup to a bowl then top with boiled egg. Serve.
To cook perfectly hard-boiled eggs, place eggs in a pot then cover with water by 1 inch. Boil for 10-12 minutes then immediately cool with cold water.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Bokchoy is a good source of Vitamin K that promotes wound healing.