Crispy Pata Tim RecipeSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 cup (20g) Soy sauce
- 1 cup (60g) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 3 pieces (3g) Star anise, whole
- 1 cup (175g) Water
- 1/2 tablespoon (5g) Peppercorn, whole
- 2 tablespoon (30g) Sesame oil
- 1 whole piece (1288g) Pork pata, whole
- 4 cups (1000ml) Cooking oil
- 1/2 cup (80ml) Water
- 1 tablespoon (15g) Cornstarch
- 1 can (190g) Mushroom, whole
- 2 cups (350g) Puso ng saging, quartered
- 3 cups (525g) Bokchoy, leaves separated
- SIMMER. In a pressure cooker, combine soy sauce, SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce, star anise, water, pepper, sesame oil and pata. Seal the pressure cooker and cook for 1 1/2 hours over low heat. Let the steam out before opening the pressure cooker. Transfer the pata to a strainer placed over a bowl to drain and save up the sauce of the pata . Let pata and sauce cool down, set aside.
- DEEP-FRY. In a deep pan, heat oil. Fry pata on each side for 5 minutes or until desired crispness is achieved. Cover the pan while frying to keep you safe from oil splatters. Remove from fire, drain excess oil using strainer or collander. Set aside.
- MIX. In a separate bowl, make a slurry by stirring water and cornstarch together. Set aside.
- SIMMER. On a separate pan, combine the collected sauce and mushroom. Let it smmer until mushroom is cooked. Gradually add the slurry while stirring constantly until slightly thickened. Add puso ng saging and let it simmer for another 5 minutes. Lastly, add bokchoy.
- ASSEMBLE & SERVE. Transfer the sauce to a serving platter, then add the crispy fried pata. Place vegetables on the sides. Serve and enjoy while hot.
Let the pata rest for a whole day to let it’s skin to dry up for a crispier and more tender pata tim!
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Pork pata is a good source of high-quality Protein that contains all of the essential amino acids needed by the body.