Fish TacosAJI-NO-MOTO® UMAMI SEASONING
- 1/2 cup (70g) Tomato, small diced
- 1/2 cup (80g) Mango, small diced
- 1 Tbsp. (4g) Basil, shredded
- 1/4 cup (30g) Onion, red, small diced
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Lime juice
- 1/2 pack (5.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 cup (150g) Tilapia fillet, skinless
- 1/2 pack (3.5g) AJI-GINISA® Seasoning Mix
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Cooking oil
- 5 pcs. (125g) Tortilla flour, toasted, soft
- 1/2 cup (75g) Cabbage, shredded
- 10 Tbsp. (150ml) Sourcream
- MIX. In a mixing bowl, mix tomato, mango, basil, onion, and lime juice for the salsa. Season with 1/2 pack AJI-NO-MOTO® and set aside.
- SEAR. Season tilapia fish with AJI-GINISA®. On a hot pan, add oil and sear fish until cooked. Set aside and shred the fish.
- ASSEMBLE. On a piece of tortilla flour, first place 15g cabbage then pour in 2 tablespoons of sour cream. Next, place the shredded tilapia fillet on top together with 1/4 cup of the salsa mixture.
Instead of searing, you can also bake the fish in a 400°F (200°C) preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes or until cooked. Fish should be easily flaked by a fork after baking.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
You can still satisfy your taco cravings with this snack without the guilt of consuming too much fat. Tilapia has a lower fat content compared to usual meats used in tacos such as pork or beef.