Fresh Lumpiang UbodPORKSAVOR® All-In-One Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup (240ml) Milk, fresh
- 2 pcs. (100g) Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Water
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 1 cup (116g) All-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Cooking oil
- 1/2 cup (50g) Onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup (40g) Garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsps. (30g) Celery, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups (100g) Carrots, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup (100g) Kamote, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup (250ml) Chicken stock, from boiled chicken
- 1 1/3 cups (100g) Baguio beans, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup (20g) Tengang daga, soaked in hot water, drained, chopped
- 3 1/3 cups (400g) Ubod, cut into strips, blanched
- 1 cup (90g) Chicken breast, boiled, shredded
- 1 pack (8g) PORKSAVOR® All-In-One Seasoning Mix
- 1 Tbsp. (12g) White sugar
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp. (1.1g) Ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (100g) Brown sugar
- 2 tsps. (10ml) Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsps. (16g) Cornstarch
- 3/4 cup (180ml) Water
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Garlic, minced
- 12 pcs. (100g) Lettuce leaves, leaves separated
- 3/4 cup (70g) Peanuts, finely chopped
- WHISK & CHILL. To prepare lumpia wrapper, combine milk, egg, water, and oil in a bowl. Gradually whisk in flour until no more lumps. Let it chill for 2 hours.
- COOK. Heat non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Pour 1/3 cup of batter mixture and tilt pan to distribute mixture evenly. Cook until top is dry, flip then cook for 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate then do the same for the rest of the batter. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ & SIMMER. To cook the filling, sauté onion, garlic, celery in a heated wok with oil. Add carrot, kamote, and 1/2 cup chicken stock. Simmer until carrot and kamote are cooked. Add green beans, tengang daga, ubod, and chicken. Mix well.
- MIX & SEASON. In a bowl, mix 1/2 cup chicken stock, PORKSAVOR®, sugar, fish sauce, and pepper. Add this to the vegetables and mix well. Set aside.
- SIMMER & MIX. To cook the sauce, add brown sugar in a saucepan. Let it caramelize over medium heat. In a separate bowl, combine soy sauce, cornstarch, and water. Mix well then add to the saucepan. Cook until thick. Add the garlic. Set aside.
- ASSEMBLE & STYLE. To assemble, lay lumpia wrapper on a plate. Place lettuce across the middle with the leafy end at the edge of the wrapper. Add filling at the center then fold the wrapper towards the filling, leaving the end with the lettuce leaf open. Top with lumpia sauce and chopped peanuts. Serve and enjoy.
After mixing the batter for the wrapper, cover and keep in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before making into lumpia wrappers. Allowing the batter to rest will give you a wrapper that is thin, delicate, and with a nice tender texture.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Meal Serving Idea: 2 pcs. Fresh Lumpiang Ubod, 1/4 cup peanut sauce, 1 cup rice, 1 pc. Chico Bamboo shoot is a rich source of Potassium that is essential in maintaining normal blood pressure.