Ginataang Manok at PapayaAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Cooking oil
- 1/4 cup (60g) Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60g) Garlic, chopped
- 1 kilo (1000g) Chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Ginger, strips
- 2 cups (200g) Papaya fruit, unripe, wedged
- 4 cups (100g) Spinach, leaves separated
- 2 cups (500ml) Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Sugar, brown
- 1 pack (11g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 pcs. (10g) Pepper, chili, fruit (sili labuyo) (optional)
- SAUTÉ. In a pan heat oil, saute’ onion and garlic until fragrant. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes. Add ginger and papaya and cook for another minute. Add spinach and then cook for another minute.
- BOIL & SIMMER. Add coconut milk, boil and then simmer.
- SEASON. Add fish sauce, sugar, and AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning. Cook for another minute. Add hot chili before turning off the fire.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving plate, serve and enjoy.
If you want a lighter coconut milk alternative, you can always dilute it by using 2 parts coconut milk and one part water.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Reduced sodium by 30% Original seasoning/condiment: 2 tsps. (approx. 11g) Coconut milk is a healthy substitute for individuals that are lactose intolerant. It also contains Zinc, a nutrient that helps boost your immune system and improve wound healing.