Chicken ala Pobre, Corn, & Black Pepper RiceAJI-SHIO® Pepper Seasoning Mix
For the Chicken Marinade:
- 2 1/2 cups (600g) Chicken fillet, sliced
- 3 Tbsps. (45ml) Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. (0.6g) Black pepper, ground
- 3 Tbsps. (45ml) Vegetable oil, divided to 3
- 5 Tbsps. (47g) Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups (250g) Corn kernels
- 1/2 tsp. (2g) Salt, coarse, divided to 2
- 2 3/4 cups (440g) Rice, cooked
- 1/2 pack (9g) AJI-SHIO® Pepper Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tbsps. (10g) Spring onion, chopped (optional)
- MARINATE. In a bowl, add chicken fillet, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper. Mix and marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- SAUTÈ & SIMMER. In a pan, heat 1 Tbsp. oil. Sauté garlic until browned. Add in chicken and sauté until golden brown. Add the liquid marinate. Bring to a simmer and reduce sauce until chicken is coated. Set aside.
- SAUTÈ. In the same pan, heat 1 Tbsp. oil. Sauté corn kernels. Season with salt then set aside.
- SEASON & MIX. On the same pan, heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil. Add cooked rice, AJI-SHIO® Pepper, and salt. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- ASSEMBLE & SERVE. On a bowl, add rice then top with corn kernels and the cooked chicken. Optional to garnish with spring onions. Serve while hot.
Make sure the pan is hot to avoid the ingredients from sticking to the pan.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes Preparation: 20 minutes Servings: 9 Serving size: 3/4 cup (131g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Chicken is a good source of Selenium that supports the normal functioning of the liver.