Ginisang Sayote with ChickenSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Cooking oil
- 1/4 cup (40g) Red onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Garlic, minced
- 1 cup (220g) Chicken breast, fillet, cubed
- 1/2 cup (100g) Tomato, cubed
- 1/2 kilo (500g) Sayote, cubed
- 1 cup (250ml) Water
- 1 pack (30g) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5g) Salt, iodized
- 1/4 tsp. (0.6g) Ground black pepper
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add chicken then cook until light brown. Add tomato then sauté for 2 minutes.
- SIMMER. Add sayote and water then let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- SEASON. Add SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix well and cook for another minute.
- SERVE. Transfer to a plate. Serve and enjoy while hot.
Before peeling the sayote, you may slice a small part of the tip and then rub it with the fruit in a circular motion to extract the white sticky sap until it turns into a foamy-like substance. Scrape out from the fruit prior to slicing.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Sayote has low Calories but is a good source of Dietary Fiber which helps in feeling satiated for longer.