Homemade Lasagna RollCRISPY FRY® Seasoned Crumbs
- 3 cups (350g) All-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5g) Salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Water
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Cooking oil
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (87g) Sausage, minced
- 1/2 cup (87g) Pepperoni, minced
- 1/4 tsp. (1.2g) Salt
- 1 tsp. (2.5g) Black pepper, ground
- 1/3 cup (87g) Tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup (87g) Carrots, minced
- 1/2 cup (75g) Cheese, shredded
- 1 pc. (45g) Egg, beaten
- 1 pack (100g) CRISPY FRY® Seasoned Crumbs
- 3/4 cup (175ml) Cooking oil
- KNEAD & FLATTEN. In a bowl, combine flour, oil, salt, and water. Knead well until it forms a dough. Let it rest for 10 minutes then divide into 12 pieces. Flatten each pieces using a rolling pin. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil. Sauté onion, garlic, sausage, and pepperoni until fragrant and lightly browned. Add salt, pepper, tomato sauce, and carrots. Cook until carrots are soft. Turn off the heat and let it cool completely.
- ASSEMBLE. Place 2 tablespoon of the filling and 1/2 tablespoon of cheese in the center of flatten dough. Fold the bottom corner over filling then fold sides towards the center. Roll the dough tightly.
- COAT & FRY. Brush all sides of the roll with beaten egg then generously coat with CRISPY FRY® Seasoned Crumbs. In a pan, heat oil. Deep fry the rolls until golden brown. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander.
- SERVE. Serve while hot.
Moisten corners of dough with water or beaten egg to seal the roll.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Use enriched flour that is fortified with Iron and Vitamin A which are essential in maintaining optimal health. Add more minced vegetables in the filling to make kids eat more veggies!