Inihaw na TanigueAJI-SHIO® Pepper Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 kilo (500g) Tanigue, sliced
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Calamansi juice
- 1/2 pack (9g) AJI-SHIO® Pepper Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Garlic, toasted
- 2 tsps. (10ml) Calamansi juice
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Cooking oil
- MARINATE. In a bowl, combine tanigue, calamansi juice, AJI-SHIO® Pepper, and garlic. Mix well and marinate for at least 1 hour. Set aside.
- MIX. In a bowl, combine melted butter, garlic, and calamansi. Mix well.
- GRILL. On a griller, put a small amount of cooking oil and then grill the marinated fish on each side.
- SERVE. Brush tanigue with lemon butter sauce. Serve hot.
1. You may choose to grill the fish over charcoal for a smoky flavor. 2. An indication that the fish is cooked is when the meat flakes easily with a fork and appeared opaque all the way through. If any part of the meat is partially translucent then it’s not yet done.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Tanigue is a good source of Vitamin B12 that supports blood and nerve health.