Laing with Malunggay LeavesAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1.2 Tbsp. (7.5 ml) Oil
- 1 Tbsp. (12 g) Red Onion, chopped
- 2 tsps. (6 g) Garlic, minced
- 2 tsps. (6 g) Ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup (50 g) Pork, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. (3 g) Bagoong, regular
- 1 pc. (1 g) Chilies, chopped
- 1 cup (200 ml) Coconut Cream
- 1/2 cup (100 ml) Water
- 2 cups (40 g) Gabi leaves, dried
- 1/2 cup (40 g) Malunggay leaves, fresh
- 1/8 tsp. (0.3 g) Black Pepper, ground
- 1/2 tsp. (2.2 g) Aji-no-moto® Umami Seasoning
- SAUTÈ. In a deep pan, heat oil. Sauté onion, garlic, and ginger. Add pork and cook until it turns lightly brown. Sauté in bagoong and chilies.
- SIMMER. In the same pan, add coconut cream, water, and let simmer. Add in gabi leaves and malunggay leaves. Press the leaves to absorb the liquid. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until leaves have softened. .
- SEASON. Add black pepper and AJI-NO-MOTO®. Mix well. Continue to simmer until liquid has reduced and begins to render fat.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve and enjoy.
Avoid stirring the laing too much. Preferably to fold or press the leaves to soften and cook it further to avoid the itchy feeling when eating the dish.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
This dish provides 33% of the daily nutritional needs for Iron of a breastfeeding mom which is important for restoring Iron stores used during pregnancy.